Canadian universities are one of the most popular in the world. The sphere of education is seriously supported and financed by the state; the level of teaching here is one of the highest in the world. The Canadian standard of training combines European traditions and American dynamism, being at a much more affordable then, for example, in the US and UK. Students of Canadian universities are provided with all the conditions for scientific research: equipped laboratories, computerized libraries, some universities offer scholarships and grants.
In Canada, there are about 100 universities, as well as about 175 public and private colleges. Unlike other developed countries, Canada does not have a nationwide education system: according to the constitution, each province itself decides on this issue. The Canadian University diploma is highly valued among employers; while during their study students undergo internships in large companies. Many graduates remain in Canada, where there is a great need for specialists and favorable immigration policies.
RATING TOP – 10 UNIVERSITY OF CANADA:
- The University of Toronto is a public institution that was founded in 1827. Thousands of foreign students from more than 160 countries and regions attend the University of Toronto. In a recent year, the top countries of origin for non-Canadian students were China, India and the U.S. The university comprises academic divisions focused on a range of disciplines, such as applied science and engineering, management and public health. University offers some 700 undergraduate programs and more than 200 master’s and doctoral programs.One major innovation that came out of the University of Toronto is insulin, which researchers discovered in the early 1920s.
- Mc Gill University is the oldest educational institution in Canada and takes an honorable second place. Opened in 1829 in Montreal, but the year of foundation is 1821. McGill University has 21 faculties and offers its students a choice of more than 300 specialties. McGill University proud of its graduates, among whom there are Nobel Prize winners, prime ministers, journalists and famous public figures.
- University of British Columbia – is located in Vancouver and takes an honorable third place in the list of TOP 10 Universities of Canada. The University of British Columbia includes colleges of dentistry, forestry, medicine, pharmaceuticals, arts, applied sciences and many other areas.
- University of Alberta (University of Alberta) – is included in the top of the best universities in Canada and Top-100 universities in the world. Being the largest educational institution in the whole province, the university offers around 200 postgraduate programs and about 300 bachelor’s programs. Just like the University of Toronto, Alberta provides financial assistance to the majority of needy students, including foreign ones. The main part of the financial assistance falls on students, on master’s and doctoral programs – here it is possible to cover all expenses except the flight.
- Université de Montréal (Montreal University) – very prestigious, its impact on the society of the province of Quebec can be estimated by looking at an impressive list of outstanding graduates of this university. Film director Deni Arkan and former Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau walked through its corridors, as did the 12th Prime Ministers of the province of Quebec, who graduated from this university.
- Mc Master University was founded in 1887 by the first president of the Canadian Commercial Bank. The university is located in the city of Hamilton, a province of Ontario, some of its campuses are in other southern provincial cities. The university is widely known in the scientific community because of its extraordinary scientific research and achievements.
- University of Waterloo was founded in 1957 in the city of Waterloo in Ontario, located in central Canada. The university has six main academic divisions: applied health sciences, arts, engineering, environment, math and science. The university also offers joint degree programs with global universities in several countries, including China’sTsinghua University, Taiwan’s National Chiao Tung University and the U.K.’s University of Warwick.
- University of Calgary is one of the leading research institutions in Canada. Founded in 1996, at the moment the university is in the top eight most prestigious research universities in the country, and is also a member of the U15 League, which unites the 15 most productive research centers in the Canadian education system. In this regard, the University of Calgary sets the highest requirements for applicants among all universities in the province – the percentage of accepted only 35% from all applications.
- University of Western Ontario was founded in 1878 and is considered one of the oldest and largest universities in Canada. The university is located in the southwest of the Canadian province of Ontario London. At the moment the University consists of 12 faculties, which offer more than 400 specialties. Currently, more than 30 thousand students are studying there, including more than 3,200 international students from 117 countries.
- University of Queens based in the city of Kingston in 1841, today is considered one of the most prestigious universities in the country. Among the graduates of the University is the Prince of Wales Charles. In 1919 the University founded the first business school, which successfully combines the best traditions and innovative approach in teaching students. High level of training programs, highly qualified teaching staff and the latest methods of teaching – all this offers for the students of the University of Queens.
For a more detailed list of Canadian Institutions that are eligible to receive foreign students, please click here.
TML Agency Consultants will provide you with more information about each educational institution in Canada and will be happy to help and answer all your questions.